Special Designated Areas Malta
In the past 20 or so years, the Maltese Government has made a conscious decision to reduce red tape and introduce favourable tax benefits to help transform these tiny islands into a competitive and innovative economy.
As part of that drive to attract foreign investment and entice E.U and non E.U. Citizens to relocate home and business here, Special Designated Areas were established to enable all citizens to purchase property here.
The Special Designated Areas were designed to be the exception to all the A.I.P Permit regulations. These developments have been designed with the non Maltese buyer in mind. Built to provide the foreigner (E.U and NON E.U Citizens) abroad with all the security, and comfort they could wish for, Malta’s Special Designated Areas offer luxury accommodation with the highest quality amenities; marinas, restaurants, pools, and restaurants, usually within a gated community, and with none of the restrictions of the A.I.P permit.
Buying property within these Special Designated Areas allows the buyer to purchase freely as if they were a Maltese Citizen, regardless of nationality or Citizenship. Properties, (with no restriction on quantity purchased), can also be leased without restriction, which is very appealing to investors.
Current Special Designated Areas in the Maltese Islands are:
Malta Special Designated Areas
- Cottonera Development, Cottonera, Malta
- Ford Cambridge Zone, Tigne, Malta
- Madliena Village Complex, Malta
- Metropolis Plaza, Gzira, Malta
- Pender Place, St Julians, Malta
- Portomaso Marina Development, St Julians, Malta
- Portomaso Extension 1, St Julians, Malta
- Smart City, Malta
- Ta’Monita Residence, Marsascala, Malta
- Tas-Sellum Residence, Mellieha, Malta
- Tigne Point, Tigne, Malta
Gozo Special Designated Areas
- Fort Chambray, Ghajnsielem, Gozo
- Kempinski Residences, San Lawrenz, Gozo
There are further developments still in Planning and more Special Designated Areas to be launched. However properties within Special Designated Areas tend to sell very well and attract investors, who then rent the properties out.